Consultant in Stroke Medicine (with or without neuro-rehabilitation or neurology)
- Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
- £82,096 - £110,683 per annum
- Stroke medicine
- Career level
- Salary Band
- £70,000 - £100,000 or more
- Contract Type
- Full time
- Recruiter Type
- Direct Employer
Consultant in Stroke Medicine
(with or without neuro-rehabilitation or neurology)
Applications are invited for the post of Consultant in Stroke Medicine, working for the Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust, Cornwall.
The RCH team of Older People Services has recently been described by the National Frailty Network as ‘a great group of geriatricians who are making important steps towards improving an already first rate frailty service.’
The RCH Stroke Service is in the process of rapid change following significant new investment to further develop our team. We have recently redesigned our Acute Stroke Pathway to include a 6 bedded Level 1 Hyper Acute Stroke Unit which is due to open fully in the next 12 months.
We are looking for innovative and dynamic individuals who will help us to grow and develop our Stroke Team to meet the needs of our patients in Cornwall.
A new bespoke Stroke Unit is in development with increase in ratio of hyper-acute beds and staffing. The posts are already supported by one stroke specialist, and one stroke and neuro-rehabilitation specialist as part of a large, friendly and vibrant Geriatric department.
The Stroke team is dedicated to providing a first class service where the patient and relatives come first. The team also support the two community based Stroke Rehab Units, as well as attend neurovascular clinics.
We are welcome applicants from a range of backgrounds – stroke, neurology, neuro-rehabilitation and geriatrics. You will be able to work in solely stroke or a combination of these specialities.
The Stroke Consultant team take a proactive approach to teaching and research, so this would be your chance to take a lead in forging pioneering new approaches to Stroke Care.
The Stroke Consultant team work alongside our exceptional multi-disciplinary team of nurses, allied health professionals and old age psychiatrists to deliver the very best care to our community.
The Older People team work across the acute and community hospitals, as well as providing a wide range of outpatient clinics, teaching and research.
Unsure whether to apply? We can offer:
- A working ‘holiday’ alongside the team, with travel and accommodation funded for you and your family for established consultations considering relocation.
- Assistance with travel and accommodation for you and your family to visit the team, the hospital and Cornwall.
- Relocation packages for successful candidates looking to move to Cornwall to take up this post.
The posts can be tailored to your skills and interests. We welcome applications from existing and newly trained Consultants with options for flexible working. For new consultants the job plan for this post will include 2.5 SPAs for the first year.
We are offering you not just the opportunity to work with us but also the benefits of working in the beautiful county of Cornwall for you and your family:
- The surrounding countryside is renowned for its spectacular rural and coastal scenery. Cornwall offers an outstanding quality of life and many opportunities for outdoor pursuits, with its sailing waters, surfing beaches and rugged coastal country routes for walking and cycling and equestrian activities.
- Cornwall is a ‘food’ haven with an unprecedented growth in high quality restaurants and family orientated leisure facilities.
- The pace of life is gentle and community spirit is abundant with many villages having their own identity and take pride in caring for their surroundings.
- Schools are of high quality often comprising of small class sizes where children thrive.
Applicants are required to be on the GMC Specialist Register, or within six months of their expected date of receipt of a CCT / EU equivalent certification at the time of interview. Applications are welcomed from those unable to work full time or those wishing to job-share.
Do you have a partner and family who would relocate with you? If so, then please contact us as we have a variety of employment opportunities within the hospital and would be happy to discuss this with you.
Informal enquiries regarding this post should be addressed to Dr. Laura Wesson, Specialty Lead, email@example.com, 01872 252447) or Johanna Floyd, General Manager, Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust, Johanna.Floyd@nhs.net
Royal Cornwall Hospital is an Equal Opportunities Employer
More search results
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals Trust
Consultant in Cardiology (Imaging)
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
Consultant in Cardiology (Intervention)
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
Locum Consultant in Gastroenterology
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Consultant in Respiratory Medicine Interstitial L…
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust