Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions for Medicine Jobs
RCP Jobs Board
Last updated: 30 October 2018
Terms and Conditions
By using this website or you agree to the terms of this disclaimer. If you do not agree with the whole or any part of this disclaimer you must not use the website.
In this document, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refers to the RCP.
While the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) makes every effort to ensure that the information provided in this website is accurate and up to date, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the content. We may make changes to the content of our website or the products and services described in them, at any time without notice.
Under no circumstances shall the RCP be liable for any damage or loss arising from the use of or reliance on information contained in this website.
When you access this website, you are agreeing to do so only for your private use and not for commercial or public use; and to use this site only for lawful and proper purposes, in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this site by anyone. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct:
- which is unlawful
- which may harass
- which may cause distress or inconvenience to any person
- involving transmission of obscene or offensive content
- which disrupts normal working of this site.
You are also agreeing that you will not copy, store in any medium, distribute, transmit, modify or show in public any part of the website without the prior written permission of the RCP or in accordance with the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988.
You are prohibited from using this website to post or transmit any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material. This includes material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, likely to give rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law. The Royal College of Physicians reserves the right to co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials on this website.
The information you provide in your applications/CVs must be truthful, complete and accurate. A declaration statement is included in the application form on Medicine Jobs which, when agreed to on submission of the application form, is considered valid and binding.
Your job application and any other material you enter into Medicine Jobs must not include any material that is false, misleading, defamatory, discriminatory, threatening, offensive, abusive, likely to cause someone anxiety or distress, encourages violence or racial or religious hatred, blasphemous, pornographic, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, unlawful, harassing, libelous, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
You must not post material which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, or other malicious software).
A recruiting employer will normally only consider your application if it meets the requirements published in the job advert and person specification.
Third Party Links
This site contains links to other sites. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access those using links from this website and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
In addition, if you linked to this website from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Copyright and trademark
Unless stated otherwise, the RCP maintains copyright on the information published on this site. The design of the website is owned by the RCP and we own or have license to use the photographs found on the website.
Logos, names and images identifying the RCP are the proprietary marks of the Royal College of Physicians (Reg. Charity No. 210508) and our subsidiaries. You are prohibited by law to reproduce them.
Intellectual property rights
All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in this website and all photographs, footage, designs, images, text, software, data and other material in our sites or generated by this site are owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use the site and this material only as expressly authorised by us.
You are permitted to print and download extracts from this website for your personal non-commercial use and for private study or teaching purposes, provided in each case that:
- copyright and source indications are also printed and copied
- no modifications are made to the materials and they are not used as part of any other publication
- any document is printed and copied entirely and is not used in a derogatory or misleading context
- the material is not used in a manner which may damage our reputation or otherwise be harmful to us or impair our ability to achieve our charitable objects.
No other use of material in this website may be made without first obtaining our written permission. In particular, you must not do the following unless you have first obtained our written permission to:
- Incorporate any material from this site in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic form; or
- Make any commercial use or publication of any material on this site (other than as necessary for the purpose of viewing the site in the course of business).
If you wish to use any material from this site other than in accordance with the terms above please email your request to email@example.com.
Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access this site. You should use your own virus protection software.
Passwords and Security
- Passwords should be kept in a secure environment and not shared. Any suspected breaches of security should be reported immediately.
Job description approvals
- We quality assure many consultant and SAS posts before they are advertised. Some job descriptions may display a stamp of ‘RCP approved’. The stamp is applied by the RCP after a recruiter declares that the content of the job description is unchanged following RCP approval and will not be altered without the knowledge of the RCP after obtaining the stamp.
- The RCP holds no liability if a job description is altered after the ‘RCP approved’ stamp is applied but upon detection we can insist that the recruiter removes the stamp and informs any potential candidates of the correct approval status.
- We cannot guarantee that advertised posts on Medicine Jobs will have been reviewed by the RCP. In addition, it should not be assumed that a job is not approved if it does not display the ‘RCP approved’ stamp as not all approved job descriptions will display a stamp (this is at the recruiter’s discretion). If you wish to know if a job description for a post is ‘RCP approved’ you can check with the recruiter directly or contact the AACs Unit at the RCP.
- Vacancies are advertised on Medicine Jobs by recruiting employers and advertising agencies. We are not responsible for the content of adverts or the conduct of the recruiting employers using Medicine Jobs.
- Registration on Medicine Jobs is for jobseeker functionality and services only and has no bearing on contact or login data held by the RCP for any other purpose. Contact data collected on this website is used only for Medicine Jobs specific communications. We do not share contact details with any third party. The RCP may also contact you regarding other RCP services and resources and events that may be of interest. Medicine Jobs will only contact you should you consent at the point of registration or editing your profile.
- You must provide a valid email address when you register with Medicine Jobs and for each application you submit. If you supply an incorrect email address then you will not receive messages sent by Medicine Jobs in connection with your account, nor will you receive messages sent in relation to an application by the recruiter. We do not guarantee reliability of email communications and you should check the status of any application on Medicine Jobs or directly with the recruiter.
- Applications and any accompanying attachments are assessed by the recruiting employer and all decisions relating to applications are taken by the recruiting employer and not by us. Any requests for information relating to your application should be addressed to the recruiting employer directly.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials submitted by you.
- The products which are supplied via our website have been designed to comply with the statutory legal requirements and relevant safety standards of the United Kingdom. We can therefore make no representation or warranty that any product provided via or referred to in this site is compliant with health, safety or other legal requirements which apply outside the United Kingdom or are otherwise suitable for use outside of the United Kingdom. You may not access our site from countries where their contents are illegal or unlawful. If you do access this site from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- We do not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the servers that make them available are free of viruses or bugs or represent full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. We will not be liable for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system or any other damages (including amongst other losses, loss of profit or loss of use) arising out of your use or delay or inability to use this site, their content or any link to another website arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
We've taken every care to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date. However, if you come across something you believe is inaccurate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.